CCQ will accept courses from other colleges and universities on a case-by-case basis. A course-by-course evaluation by an acceptable evaluation agency is needed or a course-by-course evaluation by a relevant Academic Department Chair.
Students submitting transcripts to CCQ must seek approval or recognition of the transcript’s institution from the Ministry of Education and Higher Education. CCQ will accept unofficial transcripts of previous college work or grade reports for initial advisement and placement purposes. However, a hold will be placed on the student's record for the next term until an Official Transcript is sent to Records and Enrollment Department. Official transcripts must be received within 30 days of seeing an Advisor or enrolling in classes, whichever comes first.
The following are requirements for transfer of courses from other institutions:
- CCQ will accept a maximum of 42 credit hours for students applying into an associate degree and a maximum of 72 credit hours for students applying into a bachelor degree.
- The academic institution must be recognized and accredited by one of the accreditation bodies or approved by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
- The grade for the course must be a ‘C’ or better.
- Courses counted for transfer credit cannot be older than 5 years.
- The last 25 percent of the courses must be taken at CCQ.
An articulation agreement is a set of transfer plans between two institutions facilitating accurate and efficient transfer between those institutions. A transfer plan is a determination by both the community college and the university that courses taken within a transfer plan will count toward a student's major at the university. These plans are also called 2+2 agreements, that is, the first two years taken at the community college and the last two years taken at the university. CCQ students can expect a "seamless" transfer if following a transfer plan based on equivalencies.
Qatar University: CCQ has an articulation agreement with Qatar University. The following courses have been articulated and will transfer between the institutions.
File Name: QU-CCQ Articulated Courses
Students’ Requests: CCQ students can request the following services from Registration Office. The student can collect his/her request after two working days.
- Enrollment Verification Letters
- Mid-Term and Final Exam Letters
- Official Transcripts