|Program Description||The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology program at the Community College of Qatar is to meet international standards and prepare the students for a technically oriented career that meets the needs of the State of Qatar or pursue graduate level studies. The program integrates communication skills and theoretical and applied competencies to prepare students for new technologies and engage them in a lifelong learning process. Simultaneously, the program supports the general education components that raises graduates 'awareness of social needs and issues.|
|Language of Instruction|
|Total Credit Hours|
|Mode of Delivery |
The Engineering Technology Program aims to produce graduate student who are able to:
- Secure a professional level position in mechanical engineering technology or related fields.
- Pursue graduate level studies.
- Communicate and collaborate successfully individually and within a team in both professional and social settings.
- Engage in professional development by applying principles of continuous learning to adapt to new technologies and career challenges.
- Consider legal, ethical, and social implications related to the practice of mechanical engineering technology profession.
By the time of graduation, students will be able to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex mechanical engineering technology problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply mechanical engineering technology design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively as a member of a technical team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
This program qualifies the graduates to work in various fields in both the public and private sectors, such as:
- Oil & Gas
- Transportation and Aviation
|Program Plan||View Program Plan|
- View course Catalogue (PDF)
2. Must follow CCQ's admission process outlined at the
New Student webpage.
To be eligible for the program, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
Completion of the Associate of science in Engineering Technology at CCQ with a minimum GPA of 2.0
BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology