CCQ students may study outside CCQ, taking into consideration the following:
- The student’s cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher
- Credits may be awarded for courses from an accredited private or public university or college with a grade of Good “C” or better, or a numerical grade of 70 or higher. Such course will be included in the student's study plan but will not be calculated into the GPA.
- The course shall be considered for transfer only if the following conditions are met: 1) Equivalent course objectives 2) Equivalent educational outcomes3) The content of the transfer course corresponds to 70%, or above, of CCQ’s course content 4) Equivalent number of CCQ’s credit hours or higher
- Adherence to the academic load policy:
: A maximum of 15 credit hours at both CCQ and the other educational institution, or as per the student’s GPA
: The student is not allowed to take courses at CCQ. A maximum of 15 credit hours at both CCQ and the other educational institution, or as per the student’s GPA
- Avoidance of time conflict between classes
- Submission of proof of attendance
- Avoidance of time conflict between the students’ courses at other universities and their study schedule at CCQ. In case of conflict, the student will be suspended for the subsequent semester.
- CCQ may request a verification of the accuracy and authenticity of data from the concerned entities and check the rank of the university where the student wants to study. In case of any violation to the applicable policies and regulations, CCQ may reject the application and hold the student responsible for such violation.
- Students will be tested at the end of each course to evaluate their level of academic achievement.
- Associate Degree: Students may transfer up to 42 credit hours in the associate degree program. A minimum of 18 credit hours must be taken at CCQ in order to earn an associate degree and the last 18 credit hours must be taken at CCQ.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Students may transfer up to 72 credit hours in the baccalaureate degree program. A minimum of 48 credit hours must be taken at CCQ in order to earn a baccalaureate degree and the last 30 credit hours of the major requirements of the degree program must be taken at CCQ.Required Documents
- Completed Study Outside CCQ Form
- Course content for the courses that the student would like to study
- Course description (detailed curriculum plan) for the courses that the student would like to study
- Academic calendar of the educational institution where the student will study
- Submitting all required documents, along with the form, by email to Records@ccq.edu.qa
The application for studying abroad, with all required documents, should be submitted to the relevant academic departments according to the courses. After receiving the response and approval from the academic departments, the Records Section informs the student of the approval and the course equivalency report, and issues the approval letter for studying abroad (for one semester only) for the approved subjects only.