Academic standing at CCQ is normally assessed at the end of each term excluding summer. This determines whether students can continue their studies or not. Different grade point average
calculations are used in determining academic standing:
- Semester Grade Point Average (GPA): Includes grades earned in all courses at the end of each semester.
- Cumulative GPA: Includes grades earned in all college-level credit courses at CCQ.
There are four types of academic standing:
A student will be considered to be in good academic standing when the student earns a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above.
A student will be considered to be on probation when the cumulative GPA is below 2.0 and the earned credits are 12 or above.
A student is placed on continued academic probation when the student’s cumulative GPA is below 2.0 and the term GPA is 2.0 or above.
A student is placed on an academic suspension for one semester (not including the summer) when:
- the student’s cumulative GPA drops below 2.0,
- the student’s term GPA drops below 2.0, and
- he/she has been on continued probation for two consecutive semesters.Procedures to Change Student’s Academic Standing
- The student's suspension is removed via "Banner" after referring to the Academic Advising Section and filling out the suspension removal form.
- After the removal, the academic suspension is reinstated if the student’s Semester and Accumulative GPAs continues to fall below 2.0 (summer not included).
For more information and inquiries, please feel free to contact us via
Records@ccq.edu.qa or call us at 44011655 - 44011519 - 44011687.