- The study load for every student in the fall and spring semesters is between 6 - 15 credit hours,
- Students with an accumulative GPA of 3.50 and above can take 18 credit hour maximum in the fall and spring semesters.
- Every student can register for 7 credit hours maximum in the summer semester.
- Suspended students can register for 6 credit hours minimum and 9 credit hours maximum in the fall and spring semesters.
All college level students must complete their course registration through the self-service website oasis.ccq.edu.qa within the registration period published in the academic calendar on the website.
Check the early registration guidelines before registering in the courses.
Course Registration Priority for College Level Students
The priority for course registration is given to the following students:
First: Graduating students
Second: Outstanding students who completed 12 credit hours with an accumulative GPA of 3.50 and higher.
- Students with 30 credit hours remaining to complete the total required hours for graduation
- Students who completed 12 credit hours with an accumulative GPA of 3.00
Fourth: All eligible students
CCQ offers students the opportunity to register in a class that is already full. Students who wish to enroll in a closed class are encouraged to register their names in a waitlist. However, this does not guarantee enrollment in the course. Students must complete the class registration when a seat is available.
Students can register in the waitlist according to the criteria below:
- The class is full
- A waitlist is available for the class you want to register in
Students must occasionally check their waitlist number listed in "Banner". If the waitlist number reaches ZERO (0), they will receive an email to register in the course. Students must complete the course registration within the allowed period. Otherwise, their names will be dropped from the waitlist. Students will not be allowed to attend the class if they are still on the waitlist. All waitlisted courses will be removed from the schedule by the end of the registration period.
Check how to add/ drop courses and how register in the waitlist here.
CCQ reserves the right to cancel any class offered before the end of the add/drop period. Students are responsible for reviewing their schedules regularly, because they will be given a chance to add another course within the allowed add/drop period.
CCQ encourages students who passed a course with a C grade to restudy it to improve their knowledge of the subject, as well as the accumulative GPA, and to make sure that the course will be accepted from other universities should they wish to transfer or cross register.
- Students are allowed to re-enroll in a class if they received D, D+ or F.
- In that case, students can study the same course up to four times throughout his/her study in CCQ. However, if a student needs to study the same course for the fifth time, s/he needs to refer to the academic advisor to obtain the required approvals.
- Students are not allowed to re-enroll in a class if they received A, B+, B, C+, C, P, or T
- Students are not allowed to re-enroll in a class if the course is accepted by another university.