Student Affairs & Relations Section
​​​The grade of “I" or “Incomplete" is a temporary grade the student receives if he or she is missing assignments or exams. However, the following conditions must be met in order to receive an 'Incomplete' grade:
- The student must contact the course instructor within 48 hours from the exam to request an Incomplete Grade.
- Students must provide an authentic proof of absence within 7 days of the beginning of the next semester. For spring courses, it will be the following fall.
- If all the requirements are not submitted or rejected, the student will be awarded a 'Fail' grade.
- The instructor must apply for a change of grade within 30 days of the beginning of the next semester.

Conditions for an Incomplete Grade
  • - The student must be currently enrolled in the course(s) in question (prior to grading). The deadline for an automatic “W" grade for the course(s) must have passed.
  • - The student must be passing the course(s) with a 70% grade (student must have completed work of acceptable quality). An “I" grade may not be applied when the student has done poor work or has successfully completed less than 70% of the work for the course.
  • - The student must have (a) legitimate extenuating circumstance(s), such as a severe illness, that prohibits completion of the course. The instructor will consult his or her Department Head and the Dean's Office with any questions regarding legitimacy.
  • - Students are not allowed to “re-take" the course as a condition of the incomplete grade. If the circumstances are such that the student is meeting the requirements of the course at the time of the “I" grade, then only the remainder of the course content must be completed.
  • - The instructor, upon receiving and evaluating the completed work, will record the appropriate grade (ranging from Excellent to Fail) prior to stated deadlines for grading at the end of each respective semester.
  • - “I" grades will revert to an alternate grade assigned by the instructor if the assigned work is not completed within a period designated by the instructor, not to exceed 30 days from the start of the following semester.

    Procedures for Changing an Incomplete Grade
  • - Retake the exam after obtaining the approval of the department chair and dean of the academic division concerned with changing the grade.
  • - Applications are sent to the Vice President of the College for final approval (only if the deadline for changing the grade of “incomplete" has passed).
  • - The Student Affairs & Relations Section​ receives requests to change the grade during the set period announced each semester by the relevant academic division.
    - The grades are changed then reflected in "Banner". ​​​

Change of Incomplete Grade

All Copyrights Reserved © CCQ 2023
Facebook Twitter instagram YouTube